The Oklahoma Historical Society was founded in 1893 by members of the Oklahoma Territory Press Association to collect newspapers documenting the first draft of Oklahoma history. In 1895, the OHS was incorporated under the laws of the territorial legislature, and in 1907 the OHS became a state-supported institution with a strong private membership component. In 2005, the OHS moved into the new Oklahoma istory Center. In addition to participating in and fully supporting the overall mission of the OHS to preserve and perpetuate the history of Oklahoma and its people by collecting, interpreting and disseminating knowledge of Oklahoma and the Southwest, he Oklahoma History Center collects, preserves and interprets the complete history of Oklahoma for everyone. The museum fulfills its mission through the application of the highest standards of collections care, the presentation of diverse in-house and traveling exhibits, and multi-disciplinary educational programs. Many of the programs and exhibits of the OHS have been accomplished through previous funding from the NEH and the NEA. Over the years OHS has developed numerous collections and programs and now has 32 museums and historic sites throughout Oklahoma.
Indirect Public Support HelpIndirect public support represents revenue received through solicitation campaigns. This includes funding United Way and other federated fundraising organizations, but does not include donor designated contributions.
Earned Revenue HelpEarned revenue represents income generated in direct exchange for a product or service.Earned income includes income from government contracts.
Copyright © 2014 Oklahoma City Community Foundation
1000 N. Broadway Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73102